Yeah, I’m a clown. I posted the first 4 Cloudy Thoughts episodes today on my blog. You may have seen these start trickling in on Channel 9 videos. All in good fun. Enjoy!: Cloudy Thoughts Main Page
Join me as I welcome Principal Network Architect, Todd Thorson to the show as we discuss how Microsoft IT prepared its network for the cloud. Tune in as we talk about the impacts the move to the cloud has had on its networks as well as major challenges that were met and how this enabled great experiences for users of cloud services and applications.
• [2:59] What impact does the migration to the cloud really have on our network?
• [5:22] What about from a branch office view?
• [8:45] Does this mean we need to start from scratch on network architecture?
• [9:37] Considering that Microsoft’s adoption plan is hybrid cloud, what does that mean from a network perspective?
• [11:32] What physical changes have we made to our network to cope with the changing network dynamics?
New TechNet Radio – How Microsoft IT Utilizes System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Windows Intune
Join me as I welcome Sr. Program Managers Bryan Allen and Mike DeGooyer to this edition of TechNet Radio as we discuss how Microsoft IT uses System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Windows Intune to help deploy Unified Device Management at Microsoft. Listen in as we chat about how Microsoft IT addressed change management concerns and how they planned for and implemented their solution for this BYOD scenario that affects many IT organizations today.
• [6:54] What is Unified Device Management (UDM) and what are its benefits to an IT organization? • [9:00] How does UDM address concerns for config admins who feel they may be losing control of the devices their organization supports? What management tools are available to them? • [11:56] How would you administer app certification in this scenario? • [14:56] What about helpdesk readiness and user readiness training?
There’s so many cool features to explore in the latest Windows infrastructure offerings that it’s hard to find time to explore all of them. Beginning February 8th, you can block time on a weekly basis between 10AM and 3PM Eastern Time to join a Virtual Study Hall and work through real-world hands-on activities with assistance from a field-experienced IT Pro Technical Evangelist!
What is a Virtual Study Hall?
A Virtual Study Hall is an “open lab” time where you can Read more
31 Days of Servers in the Cloud – Supported Virtual Machine Operating Systems in the Microsoft Cloud (Part 3 of 31)
Today we cover which operating systems are supported in Windows Azure, Microsoft’s Public Cloud built for running virtual machines. At present Microsoft Azure currently supports multiple operating systems, and not only Microsoft solutions are in the list. Let’s take a look at the list and versions available for deployment. Read more
Windows Server 2012 “Early Experts” Challenge
The Windows Server 2012 “Early Experts” Challenge provides a FREE online study group with certification exam preparation materials for quickly learning about the latest version of Windows Server! The Challenge involves a series of Knowledge Quests – starting with the Apprentice Quest below – and each Quest ends with a special completion certificate for you to promote your new knowledge! To make it easy to participate, each Quest is developed in a modular format that you can complete based on your own schedule and availability.
The first five Knowledge Quests are available now – Apprentice, Installer, Explorer, Networker and Virtualizer. These Knowledge Quests target the objectives in Exam 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012. Coming soon, we’ll be continuing on to provide study materials for the other exams in the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification track. Learn more about this here.